2004La Salle University
Computer Science, Bachelor's degree
At La Salle University, Pachuca, Hidalgo, México, 2000 – 2004. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidad_La_Salle
July 2019 - PresentLAMPRO Inmobilaria (www.lampro.mx)
Web and Media Designer
In Pachuca de Soto, Hidalgo, México.
- Responsible for creating the whole branding package for LAMPRO Inmobiliaria (business
cards, letterhead, envelopes, logo, etc).
- Designed a wide range of print marketing materials that are used to promote real estate
products for LAMPRO Inmobiliaria. Examples of such products are: Billboards, outdoor
signage, posters and advertisement campaigns.
- Social media manager for LAMPRO Inmobiliaria, where I am responsible of both the
creative marketing ideas for the campaigns and designing/executing them.
- Producer, recorder and editor for all video assets used by LAMPRO Inmobiliaria in social
media, physical and digital presentations.
- Currently developing an internal web based app that tracks leads and clients. This project
follows the whole life cycle of a client; from the first time that real estate agents reach a prospect until the time they become owners. This app is used by managers, real estate agents and clients. From a server side perspective, I am in charge of setting all the required technology that allows for such app to operate.
February 2019 to November 2019Hirving Lozano
Social Media Manager
In México, Netherlands and Italy.
- Had the amazing opportunity of being the social media manager for Mexican soccer
superstar Hirving Lozano. During the months that I worked for Hirving I created several
media assets that were praised by both Mexicans and fans across Netherlands and Italy.
- Produced several video materials that were to be used in his official YouTube channel.
- During the transition from PSV Eindhoven to Napoli I was responsible of creating the socalled “farewell” video series. This series showcased the best moments from Lozano while at PSV Eindhoven and all the 40 goals he scored with the team.
- When he arrived at Napoli I was responsible of creating all the “Match Day” videos for
Hirving. First video that I produced was when Napoli played against Ronaldo’s Juventus,
where Hirving scored by the way.
- Created and produced all the “Math Day” videos for Hirving’s social media when playing
with the National Mexican Team.
- Responsible of recording and editing fan events whenever Hirving was in Mexico.
2014 to 2020Bernstein Diet and Health Clinics
Senior Web Developer
In Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Patients’ app development and deployment to Apple Store and Google Play. The app allows patients to sign in to a Drupal powered website through RESTful web services. For this task I was involved in setting up the whole server infrastructure and the development of customized plugins that hook into Drupal’s through JSON. From a developer’s perspective I was responsible for the deployment of Vagrant virtual boxes that allowed git pushes to a central repository visible to all Vagrant boxes. From the app’s perspective I assisted in the development of the app through the Ionic framework (Angular.js) where communication between the app and Drupal was made possible. And last but not least I also helped in the design process of the UI. This app is available for download at:
Apple Store and Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drbdiet.drbapp
- Development of a custom WordPress plugin to locate clinics that serves different content based on the user’s IP. To simplify access to the information a radius search and parent-children listing was developed as part of the plugin. This plugin can be seen in action at: https://www.drbdiet.com/weight-loss-clinics/
- Development of an internal patient system that allowed the business to manage over 140,000 patients across Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. The system was developed with Symfony 2 and Microsoft SQL. For this task I was responsible for coding several components of the system that include a module to book and manage appointments, module to manage patient profiles and their respective medical history records, module that provides doctor’s schedules to attend patients, reporting modules to display a patient’s activity and the overall management done at the clinics.
- Management of several Microsoft SQL servers, on which stored procedures were developed to better backup and make available patient’s medical records.
- Development of mobile friendly websites that integrate into multiple frameworks and content management systems through Bootstrap.
- Installation, configuration and management of Git servers that provide version controlling of all development done through multiple repositories.
- Conceptualization, graphic design, web design and development for many websites that where integrated with several Content Management systems such as: WordPress and Drupal. This process involved creating mockups in Photoshop and later converting them to templates for the CMS of preference.
- Installation and configuration of Linux (CentOS, Red Hat and Ubuntu) servers, and all of the services required for deploying web-based solutions. These included: Configuration and deployment of an Apache web server, MySQL database manager, PHP development environment, FTP solutions, as well as Linux shell scripting to automate several internal processes.
- Design and development of landing pages targeted for SEO purposes in which Google’s recommendations where applied to finally achieve scores of plus 95% at Google Speed Test.
- Worked with several SEO companies to apply best SEO practices and recommendations for multiple sites and landing pages. This task required constant updates to the html structure of the sites and several server configuration improvements as well as constant analysis of the site’s SEO progress through Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
- Design, development and deployment of several newsletters that where mailed to more than 140,000 recipients on a monthly basis.
- Since 2018 I have been working with the company as a freelancer.
2009 to 2012Swiss Virtual Business School (www.swissvbs.com)
Web Solutions Developer
In Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Development of custom components that extended the Joomla! MVC framework, to provide custom integration through SOAP services between the e-learning platform ILIAS and the Joomla! Content Management System.
- Assisted in the configuration, deployment and management of virtualized hosting environments to deploy e-learning and web-based solutions through VMWare’s vSphere.
- Designed and developed web platform that became the World Economic Forum’s Survey website which was available in more than 25 languages.
- Development of custom eCommerce solutions that accepted payments through payment gateways such as PayPal and WorldPay.
- Conceptualization, graphic design, web design and development for many websites that where integrated with several Content Management systems such as: WordPress and Joomla!
- Generation of cross compatible semantic code targeted for multiple browsers and devices that follows the highest web standards for usability and compatibility set by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- Conceptualization, design and development of flash-based websites. Collaborated with the action script that provided the navigation and animation of all elements of the movie clips as well as the custom integration between the movie clip’s contents administration through a Joomla! content management system.
- Installation and configuration of Linux (Debian and Ubuntu) servers, and all of the services required for deploying web-based solutions. These included: Configuration and deployment of an Apache web server, MySQL database manager, PHP development environment, FTP solutions through ProFTPD, as well as Linux shell scripting to automate several internal processes.
- Development of responsive web 2.0 applications that requested data from the user’s front-end interface by calling directly the MySQL database in real time through the use of AJAX (via jQuery) and custom PHP development.
- Version controlling of all PHP development through SVN.
- Development of web applications compatible with iOS devices by using jQuery and jQuery mobile.
February 2008 to February 2009DinersGo
Senior Web Developer
In Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Development of components that extends the Joomla! MVC framework to provide custom functionality that integrates content management systems with online directory listings.
- Development of responsive web 2.0 applications through AJAX (via jQuery).
- Generation of semantic code that follows the web standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- Design and conceptualization of web 2.0 user interfaces for online directory listings.
- Installation and configuration of Linux (Debian) servers, as well as all of the services required for deploying web based solutions.
January 2006 to December 2006Government of Hidalgo
Project Leader, Web Designer and Developer
In Pachuca de Soto, Hidalgo, México
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Fedora Core 3 web server, as well as all of the services required for deploying content management solutions through the web. LAMP environments.
- Installation and configuration of third party modules of the server to deploy statistics, chats, forums, streaming and backup solutions.
- Redesign and maintenance of the website of the Government of Hidalgo. Also designed and maintained simultaneously content management solutions to more than 80 governmental offices dependent to the main site.
- Assisted technology coordinator and dean in major facets of the structure and planning of the website of the Government of Hidalgo.
January 2005 to October 2005University of Hidalgo (www.uaeh.edu.mx)
Host Master and Web Manager
In Pachuca de Soto, Hidalgo, México
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Fedora Core web servers, as well as services required for deploying web based solutions.
- Maintenance and management of Sun Solaris servers for deploying e-learning solutions with Blackboard.
- Installation and configuration of a Real Networks Helix DNA server, to deploy streaming media through the web as well as the design of the user interface required for this service.